In a previous e-mail, I discussed Extension Agents making PSEP reports on SUPER, which would replace the PSEP forms we are presently using. Since we are not in the recertification period for Private Applicators, the most frequently used forms by agents are EPP Info #318A and 318B. Jim Stewart graciously developed a web site for reporting agent in-service training via CENTRA, which I think worked great. However, it was the consensus of everyone to use one system, SUPER, which also works great.
SUPER will be used for all of your PSEP meetings and other types of meetings for recertification points:
- Private Applicator certification meetings
- Private Applicator recertification meetings (2010 & 2011)
- In-service training meetings
- WPS Handler and Worker meetings
- Other meetings, in which Extension may be involved, where recertification points may be earned
Please see the attached tip sheet (expertly prepared by Joseph Donaldson) that summarizes how to use SUPER for PSEP reporting. Reminders for agents in making reports to the PSEP office:
- Read the attached tip sheet.
- Extension Agents or Secretaries create a course/event in SUPER Training/Registration.
- Register participants for the course/event. To register participants for the course/event, they must be enrollees in the SUPER Enrollment module. You enroll them only once and then they can be registered for other meetings in SUPER. The SUPER registration process has worked extremely well.
- Create a list of participants using the Run Report feature in SUPER. The list opens in Microsoft Excel.
- When reporting Pesticide Applicator Certification meetings, add two columns on the Excel spreadsheet, one for pre-test scores and a second column for post-test scores.
- When reporting Pesticide Applicator Recertification meetings in 2010 & 2011, add the two columns for pre-test and post-test scores and a third column for certification numbers on the Excel spreadsheet. Encourage participants to use their certification number. If they have lost their card, they may use the last four digits of their SSN. But, you would need to use a separate column for the SSN. If they have lost their card, they need to contact TDA and request a new one.
- Other meetings (non-PSEP meetings) for recertification points, the pre-test and post-test scores will not be added to the Excel spreadsheet, but a column will be added for their certification numbers.
- PSEP meetings -- send my office a copy of the Excel roster and 1/2 the registration fee. The farmer, greenhouse and nursery operators will still send a copy of TDA's triplicate form with $10 to TDA for initial Private Applicator certification. The agent will not need to keep a copy of TDA's triplicate form, since you will have a copy of the participants on SUPER.
- Non-PSEP meetings -- send my office a copy of the program and Excel roster.
- In-service training -- the specialist sends my office a copy of the program and Excel roster. I will assign the points and send to TDA.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me. For specific questions regarding SUPER, please contact your regional IT personnel. Thank you for all the work you do on these programs.